Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Five Days and Counting...

In a previous blog, I mentioned my desire to run three of the half marathons in the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon Series this coming year. Recently, they set a date for the Seattle Rock 'n' Roll Marathon and Half Marathon...June 23rd, 2012.
I'm super excited because this is set for the weekend after school gets out, so it will be my "Hooray and Celebrate the School Year is OVER!" Run.  I've been getting a bit frustrated, however, because for a while, it seemed like the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon people were never going to open up the registration for the race.  Well my friends, the wait is finally over...I got my confirmation e-mail informing me that registration opens this coming Monday, October 17th, and for the first two days, the sign-up fee is going to be discounted for all the early-bird entrants! So, if anyone feels like running this particular half marathon with me, you now know when registration opens, and more importantly, when signing up will be the cheapest.  And the best part is that the race isn't until the end of June, so you have plenty of time to train!!!
I love having running buddies for these races, so I only have one question to ask...Who's with me????

No comments:

Post a Comment