Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ready or Not...

...Here it comes.  And by it, I mean my Marathon Training Program through Fleet Feet Sports Bonney Lake.
I haven't been so great about keeping up with my running over the past couple of weeks, but I'm extremely excited to start this program tomorrow.  The best part about the training program is that each participant gets their own online workout log to which the coach submits a personalized workout every week.  This coming week, my workouts are as follows:

Monday: 3 mile run
Tuesday: Stretch/rest
Wednesday: 6 mile run
Thursday: 7 mile run
Friday: Stretch/rest
Saturday: 8 mile group run
Sunday: Stretch/rest

Thankfully, there is a huge accountability factor in that you have to record the workout you did each day in the online workout log, so that the coach knows which workouts you are completing and which you aren't.  I suppose you could lie about what you had done, but what would be the point of that because you wouldn't be preparing for the marathon at that point.

So, my workout is decided, the Garmin watch and iPod are both fully charged and ready to go, it just needs to be tomorrow so that I can get started!

Anyone else participating in a training program right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment