Monday, January 9, 2012

Hood to Coast Here I Come!

Ever since I started running seven years ago, it has been a dream of mine to be on a Hood to Coast Relay Team.
The Hood to Coast Relay is a 200 mile race that consists of 36 different legs which range in length from 4 miles to 8 miles.
The race starts at the beautiful, majestic Mt. Hood...
...and travels west, through Portland, and heads all the way to the beach at Seaside, OR for the finish.
This year, they are anticipating that 1,050 teams are going to participate in this amazing event...and with 12 members per team, that comes out to 12,600 racers!  So what that means is that with 12 members per team and 36 legs in the race, each runner is running 3 legs of the relay, which will end up averaging about 15-16 miles per racer.  Obviously, each runner could never be a part of this race without being part of a team, and the wonderful team that I get to be a part of is the Project Zero Relay Team.
If you are unaware, Project Zero is an amazing organization that raises awareness and money for Prostate Cancer.  Being a part of this team means that not only do I get to run for a great cause, I also get to raise money for a great cause as well...in fact, I have set a goal of raising at least $750 for this particular race.  If you would like to help me out by being one of my sponsors for the Hood to Coast Relay, I would greatly appreciate it!  If you would like to and are able to help out this organization, simply click on the link for My Fundraising Page and donate whatever you can.  Every little bit helps, and I will find a way to carry the names of all of the fantastic people who sponsor me with me when I run my 3 legs of the race!

Have you ever run as part of a relay team?

No comments:

Post a Comment