Sunday, June 3, 2012

Yummy Homemade White Wine Sangria!

I haven't done a "wine inspired" post in a while, and since I made a batch of my wonderfully tasty white wine sangria this weekend, I thought it was the perfect time to share this yummy yummy recipe...and yes, I know the pitcher looks a little empty...I may have taste tested it a few times to make sure the recipe was blog post worthy!
White Wine Sangria: (sorry, don't have a cute, fun name for it)
In a large pitcher add...
  • First, boil 1/2 cup sugar in 1 cup water for 5-7 minutes to create a simple syrup for the sangria, cool in the fridge until chilled, then add to pitcher
  • 1 bottle (750 ml) of white wine...I find Riesling works best because it's a little on the sweet side, which is what you want in a good sangria (don't go all the way to Gewurztraminer or Moscato, they're a little too sweet)

  • 1 cup orange liquor, such as triple sec, orange schnapps, or Grand Marnier.
  • 20 ounces soda water...I personally like the extra little kick a lemon-lime soda brings to the mix, so I use Fresca instead, but you could use 7-Up, Sprite, or just plain ol' soda water

  • Lots of sliced, fresh fruit...some of my favorites in this recipe include kiwi, strawberries, raspberries, oranges, lemons, limes, red or green grapes, and granny smith apples...basically anything that looks tasty and fresh at the grocery store will work.
Mix everything together in a pitcher, then put in the fridge until chilled.  Pour into a wine glass, put in your favorite movie, kick your feet up, and enjoy!
What's your favorite drink to ring in the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment