Wednesday, June 6, 2012

How I Celebrated National Running Day...

That's right everyone, today, June 6th, 2012, is National Running Day!
I know that everyone celebrates in their own special way...some by running, some by thinking about running, some by vowing never to run.  I celebrated by taking a short run (unfortunately, I only had time for a little over a mile today, but at least I got one in) and then by signing up for a couple races!  The Rock 'n' Roll Race Series was honoring the special day by offering $20 off almost all of their races.
By the way, the offer is good until midnight tonight, so if you've ever dreamed of running a R'n'R race, sign up today!  I've been wanting to run the Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon for a while...unfortunately, it seemed to be the ONLY race that wasn't included in the discount.  After pouting for a minute or two, I decided twenty bucks wasn't going to keep me from wanting to run this race in the end, so I signed up anyway!
I did notice, however, that the Rock 'n' Roll Portland Half Marathon was included in the offer, so I signed up for that one too!
All in all, I'd say it was a pretty productive National Running Day!

I Run...Because I CAN!!!
Why do you run?  And how did you celebrate National Running Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment