Monday, December 19, 2011

Day Off for the Reindeer...

I was driving home from work on Friday when I saw the most bizzare sight...
...Santa cruzin' down I-5 North on a Harley!  The reindeer must have had the day off! :)

Sorry I've been so MIA from posting lately, but the last couple weeks before Winter Break were kind of crazy, with all the grading, test creating, test correcting, paper grading stuff I had to do for school.  But now, it's two weeks free from students, lesson planning, testing, and work in general!  Super excited about that, I'm not going to lie.  I get to spend the next week in Boise with the fam for the holidays, but right before I left, I got to take part in one of the main events of the basketball season for a Gonzaga Bulldog fan...the Battle in Seattle!

Every year for the past several years now, Gonzaga plays one of their regular season games at Key Arena in Seattle.  It's a big draw for Zag Alums for a couple reasons: 1) most of us relocate to the greater Seattle/Tacoma area after graduation, so the location is ideal, and 2) we tend to draw a big name school to this particular game, making it a very fun one to watch in person.  Some of our past match-ups have been Illinois, Davidson, UConn, and Tennessee.  This year, for the 9th Annual Battle, we were playing host to none other than the Arizona Wildcats!

My friends and I got tickets together in the second level at half court, and anxiously awaited the start of the game.  We started out really well, and Gonzaga was up 14-0 before Arizona even got their first basket...we were on a roll!
We went into the half up by 19, and so I was convinced we had the game in the bag.  Arizona had different plans however.  They came back strong in the second half, and at one point even brought it back to within 6 points (which, let me tell you, did not have the crowd very pleased).  But thankfully, the Zags pulled it together and rallied one last time, and Gonzaga ended up beating Arizona 71-60!

What a great way to leave the Seattle area for the holidays...with a victory under our belts!  Now let's just hope the Boise State Broncos can handle Arizona State just as well in the Maaco Las Vegas Bowl!

What Bowl Game are you looking forward to this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment