Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Three So Far...

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I'm a big fan of making and keeping New Year's Resolutions.  For a while, I was toying with the idea of making my resolution for 2012 to run one half marathon every month.  But then I made the mistake of starting to ask other people what they thought...and it seemed like everyone I talked to came up with pretty rational reasons to steer clear of this goal, including but not limited to...

1) The huge toll it would take on my body

2) The fact that I would have to endlessly train for a year straight

3) Each half marathon has an entry fee, most of which cost anywhere between $70-$130, depending on the cost to put on the half marathon and the amount of swag you get as a runner

4) Most of the half marathons I have my eye on are out of state, so I would need to factor in travel/food/hotel costs

...so it was seeming like it wasn't going to happen for me.  However, this morning I realized that I've already signed up for three different half marathons in three different months in 2012!  So much for keeping away from that N.Y.R.!  This morning, I signed up for the third half marathon for next year, the Napa-to-Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon!
The course starts at the Cuvaison Carneros Estate Winery, weaves its way through multiple vineyards and wineries in Napa Valley, and end in Sonoma Plaza right in front of City Hall, where there will be a huge Wine & Music Festival for the finishers and their guests!
I'm extremely excited for this race...not only is it the weekend before my 29th birthday and therefore a PERFECT way to celebrate the kickoff of the last year of my 20's, but the run promises amazing views and one hell of an after party!

I'm also signed up for the Inaugural Rock 'n' Roll Portland Half Marathon on May 20, 2012


...and the Rock 'n' Roll Seattle Half Marathon on June 23, 2012!


So who knows, I may still keep the one half marathon per month New Year's Resolution yet!

Are you signed up for any half marathons?

No comments:

Post a Comment