Saturday, August 13, 2011

Hi, I'm Reese...Welcome to My Blog!

Ok, I'm probably the least technologically inclined person I know, and therefore one of the last people my friends would expect to start a blog.  But after watching one of my friends become a successful food blogger, I thought it could be a lot of fun to start my own.  All I had to do was figure out what I wanted my blog to be about, and how hard could that be, right?!?!

I guess that before I explain what my blog is about, I should probably share a little bit about myself.  My name is Reese, and I'm a high school math teacher in Tacoma, WA.  I am also the assistant cross country coach and one of the assistant track coaches (specifically, I'm the long, triple, and high jump coach) for my school.  I absolutely love what I do, and wouldn't change my job for anything in the world.  I received my Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics, as well as my secondary teaching certificate, from Gonzaga University (GO ZAGS!!!) back in 2005, and I just finished my Master's of Education Degree from University of Washington this summer.  I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, and now, I have a blog.

So, without further ado, I should probably mention what this blog of mine will be about.  In May 2005, after 21 years of successfully avoiding running in all forms, I ran my first ever road race, and I have been hooked on running/racing ever since.  Therefore, one of the two main subjects this blog will be devoted to is my recently found love for running, the races I have run/will run, my many adventures in running (some clumsy, some not), and the running gear I try along the way.  I'm not the most experienced runner in the world, so you can take my opinions or leave them, but hopefully you will at least enjoy the stories I have to share.  The other half of this blog will be devoted to my other love, wine.  I'll share the experiences at the wineries I have visited/will visit, talk about the wines I've tried (I'm allergic to red wine, so my stories will be limited to the white side of the vineyard), and best of all, the races I have/will run with the all time best motivation at the end of the race...the free wine tasting!  My other interests are extremely broad, and so I can't promise that there won't be the occasional post that deviates a little bit from the main focuses.  But I will do my best to stay on track...most of the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment